Publish-intubation hypoxia may be horrifying, so have a methodical guidelines reminiscent of DOPES.
- Displaced endotracheal tube (reconfirm place)
- Obstructed endotracheal tube (carry out suction)
- Patient pathology (e.g., pneumothorax, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism, bronchospasm)
- Equipment malfunction (is the ventilator linked to oxygen or is there a defective oxygen probe sensor?)
- Stacked breaths or different ventilator setting issues
Learn extra about this: https://litfl.com/post-intubation-hypoxia.
Dr. Linis the founder, CEO, and editor-in-chief of Tutorial Life in Emergency Drugs (https://www.ALiEM.com) and a professor of emergency medication on the College of California San Francisco with pursuits in well being professions schooling and digital scholarship. Observe her on Instagram@MichelleLinMDand on Twitter@M_Lin.